Tip-Off Sports PHILOSOPHY
At the heart of our program is the athlete and his or her individual needs, we strive to create a conducive and enabling environment for growth while adhering to the following principles:
- To provide basketball activities to all members, regardless of gender, ability, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio/economic status.
- To create conditions whereby all members have the opportunity to reach their full potential as players, coaches, officials and as people.
- To particularly stress the development of youngsters in their formative years. To use sport as a vehicle to give youngsters good principles, values, and disciplines, which will serve them well throughout their lives.
- To stress the importance of education to go alongside any ambitions as a basketball player.
- To ensure that all members maintain the highest standards of sportsmanship and fair play at all times.
- To further the ideals of teamwork, friendship, and self-discipline.
- To create a sporting environment which will benefit the individual, whilst always being aware that we are involved in a team sport and that all efforts should be directed towards the team.
- To recognize the partnership between players/parents and the club. Both sides have their responsibilities to make the partnership mutually beneficial.
- To stress to coaches that leadership by example will always be superior to leadership by fear. A positive approach by coaches will always be superior to a negative approach.
- Ultimately, the team will be a reflection of the coach.
- Intimidation or bullying by coaches, players, parents, staff or volunteers is wholly unacceptable.
- To stress the philosophy for all players and coaches, that giving of their best is a victory, regardless of the score, and giving less than their best is a failure, even if a victory is attained.
- To stress the concept of loyalty throughout the club, which will be much easier to attain by creating a caring attitude amongst all people connected with the club.
For our club to be successful at all levels we expect our players, coaches, and parents to conduct themselves in a courteous and polite manner at all times.